Invest in Knowledge Initiative (IKI), a research capacity building organization based in Zomba, Malawi, has an established research network that links international and national researchers. IKI offers research support to visiting academics, researchers, and student researchers in exchange for their contributions to enhancing the research skills of IKI staff.
IKI has a long and fruitful history of working with researchers from highly regarded universities, including the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University, the University of Colorado at Denver, the University of Southern California, Pennsylvania State University, the University of Malawi, and more.
IKI is well positioned to offer the visiting researcher
• Office space with free Wifi and printing in Zomba, Malawi
• Logistical support for travel and accommodation in Malawi
• Access to our experienced field staff for consultations on the local context
• Contracting of interpreters/translators, field & data entry teams and vehicles
In exchange, IKI kindly requests that the visitor provide one or more of the following to help build local capacity
• Conduct a training or workshop in research and/or evaluation methods
• Mentor a Malawian researcher
• Provide research support for our consultancy work by email, skype or in person
IKI documents the capacity building contributions so that they may be considered an in-kind donation to IKI, a US registered non-profit, and may qualify as tax-deductible donations.
Please contact James Mkandawire at email@example.com or +265 888 370 081 to discuss a potential collaboration or to learn more about IKI’s work.
You can also visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/investinknowledge